Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Syringes syringes syringes!

A man comes in with a prescription for Humulin N and syringes for his dog. He wants to know what the difference is between his wife's diabetic supplies and the dog's. I told him that the syringes are the same but he was really disturbed by the fact that the syringe his vet gave him wasn't the same length as his wife's syringes. I tried to explain that the diameter of the barrel was slightly larger, thus making it shorter, but he just didn't get it. After trying to explain for a while, I said "just use your wife's syringes, it's fine," and walked off.

On a related note, a woman received compounded progesterone cream in syringes instead of the normal topiclik dispenser. The instructions said "apply 1 ml daily, and she didn't know what that meant on the syringe, so I showed her the markings down the side, etc. She then said "well, this can't be as precise, can it?" I wanted to say, "well actually, it is a heck of a lot more precise than the topiclik" but I didn't.

I gave this big burley man in his late 50's a flu shot today. He was covered in tattoos and actually looked kind of scary. When I put in the needle he vocally yelped and pulled back. It startled me and his wife was busting up laughing behind me. My question, how did he get those tattoos?

No comments:

Post a Comment